Soaking Time: 2 hours
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup split green moon dal
- 4 green chillies for batter
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh green coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 to 4 green chilis (adjust spice level according to your taste), chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup green capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled paneer or very finely cubed paneer
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- Oil/ ghee for dosa (approx. 1/4 cup)
- Salt to taste
- First, soak the dal in water for at least two hours.
- Drain the water and combine the dal with green chilis and ginger. In a blender, add the mixture and a little water. Blend it until it has a smooth paste-like consistency.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl and add salt. Mix it well and keep aside.
- Sauté the paneer in a pan with one teaspoon oil/ghee until it is light brown and keep aside.
- In a pan, add 2 tablespoons oil/ghee with the gas on medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté until lightly brown. Then, add the chopped green chili, green capsicum and tomatoes (on high heat so water doesn't release). Sauté for one minute and then add paneer, salt, chaat masala and chopped coriander leaves. Quickly mix it and turn off the stove. Keep the mixture aside.
- Heat a pan or tawa and lightly grease it. Pour one ladleful of batter onto the tawa and spread it around with the back of the ladle. Sprinkle the paneer mixture onto the dosa. Drizzle oil/ghee around the dosa. Cook until the dosa underside turns golden brown. fold the dosa and serve hot with Coconut Chutney or Green Coriander Chutney.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more dosas.
- Serve immediately.