Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 10 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli (cut into small florates)
- 1 cup french beans (cut approx. 1-1/2" long)
- 1 cup green capsicum (cut approx. 1-1/2" long)
- 6 to 7 basil leaves for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Add pasta and cook according to the packaged directions. Drain, but save some water from the pasta (1 to 2 cups) and return the pasta to the pot.
- Prepare the pesto by adding basil, mint leaves, parsley, pine nuts, cheese, black pepper and salt in a food processor. Pulse until all the ingredients are finely chopped.
- With the machine still running, drizzle in 1/4 cup of the olive oil and process until the mixture is a smooth puree. If you feel the mixture is too thick to equally coat the pasta, then add a little more olive oil.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil on a frying pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli, green pepper and french beans. Stir fry and add the pasta. Season with black pepper and salt.
- Add the pesto and toss until it is uniformly combined/ mixed. If you think it is dry, then add some of the saved pasta water (1/2 cup to 1 cup)
- Garnish with basil leaves and top with additional grated cheese (optional).
- Serve hot with with a side such as cheese bread or garlic bread. ( garlic bread optional)