Preparations Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 20 ladvas
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups jaggery, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup ghee (for jaggery)
- 2 cups ghee (for flour)
- 3/4 cup gund/ gum, finely ground
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut (dry coconut; topravatki)
- 3/4 cup almond, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons methi powder (Adjust methi powder according to your taste)
- 4 tablespoons ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons peepramul powder
- In a kadai, add ghee and wheat flour. Roast the flour until it gets fragrant.
- Add gund powder and stir. Make sure the gund crackles.
- Next, add almond, coconut, ginger powder and peepramul powder. Mix well.
- Turn of the gas and leave the kadai aside.
- Take another kadai and, on a medium heat, add ghee and jaggery together. Stir continuously, When the jaggery melts (no lumps), turn off the stove.
- Add the melted jaggery into the flour mixture and mix well. Allow it to cool a little bit. Then, add methi powder and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into round ladoos using your hands. The size of a ladoo is approximately bigger than golf ball, but smaller than a tennis ball.
- Allow it to cool and store in an air-tight container.