Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 45 to 50 minutes
Serving: 4 (8 Batis)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 8 tablespoons melted ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water or milk (Approx.)
- Ghee (to soak bati)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Knead well to make the dough stiff similar to bhakri dough. Divide it into 8 equal portions.
- Knead each portion well for a smooth finish and shape them into round balls.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange the batis over a cookie baking sheet about one inch apart and place the pan in the middle oven rack. Bake for about 25 minutes, turn them over and further bake until batis are golden brown.
- Break a bati from one side to make sure they have cooked through.
- Once complete, break all the batis and pour the ghee over the bati or soak the batis in ghee and served with bowl of hot dal.