Friday, May 29, 2015

Green Sandwich Chutney, Bombay Style

In Bombay, there are street vendors on every corner selling sandwiches and other popular Indian dishes.

I learned this chutney recipe while observing the sandwich guy by my building. To my surprise, he barely used coriander leaves. Instead he was using the coriander stems and spinach leaves. When I asked him why, he said - 'I'm here to make money and I can't afford to use coriander leaves!'

I hope you like this quick and easy recipe, but be careful - it can be very spicy!

Prep time: 10 minutes
Making time: 10 minutes
Serving: 4


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup coriander leaves (clean and washed)
  • 1/2 cup spinach leaves (clean and washed)
  • 5 to 6 hot small chillies
  • 2 bread slices
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • salt to taste
  • A little water for grinding
Directions:
  1. In a mixer, grind all of the ingredients to a smooth paste. The consistency of the chutney should be thick
You can keep the chutney in a bowl, refrigerate and use as needed

No comments:

Post a Comment